Recently, after sharing a glimpse of my dinner on Instagram, several of you expressed an interest in the recipe. I must admit, I wasn’t expecting it to be as delectable as it turned out! Here’s the scoop on how to recreate this simple yet sumptuous tofu dish. And if tofu isn’t your jam, feel free to swap it with chicken or your preferred protein.
Thai Tofu Stir Fry
- One block of extra-firm tofu
- One medium carrot, grated
- 3-4 fresh kale leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of bean sprouts
- Thai peanut sauce (recipe below)
- Dice the tofu into even cubes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sauté tofu cubes for 4-5 minutes until slightly golden.
- Introduce the Thai peanut sauce to the pan, ensuring each tofu cube is generously coated. Adjust heat to a simmer.
- Toss in the grated carrot and chopped kale. Stir well and cover, allowing the kale to wilt just slightly (about 2 minutes).
- Serve your stir fry solo or complement with brown rice, quinoa, or soba noodles. Top with a sprinkle of bean sprouts for that crunchy finish.
The Thai peanut sauce is my twist on a classic from Can You Stay For Dinner. I’ve made slight alterations for that personal touch.
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
Procedure: Simply whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Your Perfect Sauce in a Jiffy!
This sauce, packed with rich flavors, is both quick to whip up and versatile. Fancy it as a salad dressing? Perhaps thin it with a bit of water or extra lime juice. Trust me, if Thai flavors resonate with you, you’re in for a treat.
Lastly, a quick update: Received a fresh pair of sneakers from Mizuno Canada today. Can’t wait to kick-start my morning run in them. Until next time, keep fueling your body with plant-based goodness! 🌿👟🥘