After spending a memorable time in Phoenix, I’m back in Toronto, and to be honest, the transition hasn’t been the easiest. There’s always this inevitable post-travel lull, a mix of nostalgia and longing. Phoenix is not just a destination to me; it feels like a second home, a place where my heart resonates.
Every time I visit Phoenix, it strengthens my connection to the place and its people. This feeling of belonging is not just due to the scenic beauty but the incredible family who embraces me with open arms. Their generosity, warmth, and love are indescribable. I often catch myself daydreaming: “What if I were to move here permanently?”
Let’s dive into the highlights of my recent trip:
Spontaneous Delights: This trip was all about spontaneity and living in the moment. From day trips to Tucson, to engaging in endless chats, shopping sprees, and bonding over meals, every day was a treat. And of course, who could forget the endless sessions of just lying down, snacking on popcorn, and forgetting the world?
Snapshots of Memories: If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve had a sneak peek into my journey. From the people I met to the vibrant Arizona sunsets, every moment was picturesque.
A few noteworthy mentions:
- Bo: Emily’s little one is an absolute delight. Never have I seen such a cheerful baby. He radiates happiness, and yes, our selfie game was strong!
- Ellie and Emily’s Parents: I regret not capturing more moments with Ellie and Emily’s parents. Their warm welcome always touches my heart. A special shoutout to Emily’s mom, Karine, for our traditional Cafe Rio visits. It’s more than a meal; it’s a reunion of souls.
- Perspective: It’s not me, they’re just tall! Standing at 5’5”, I seemed to be on the shorter side in most photos!
- Sunset Bliss: I can’t stress this enough – Arizona sunsets are unparalleled.
A Culinary Paradise: For someone following a plant-based diet, Phoenix never disappoints. My palette danced with joy at every meal.
Some standout dishes:
- Tortilla Salad from Cafe Rio – Addictively delicious!
- Classic Margherita Pizza from La Grande Orange – Don’t miss the A-Z cookie.
- TLT Special (tempeh, lettuce, tomato) with a side of sweet potato hash and kale salad from True Food Kitchen.
- Vegetable Crudites paired with Tzatziki and black olive dip, a must-try from True Food Kitchen.
The allure of Phoenix was so captivating that I contemplated extending my stay, especially with the IMAZ event just around the corner. But reality called, and I headed back to Toronto, already dreaming of my next Phoenix sojourn.
As the snow begins to blanket Toronto, my regular training regime beckons. Though I’m no fan of wintry runs, I’ve become adept at embracing the cold.
Thank you for the outpouring of love on my previous post. Your words mean the world to me, and I promise to respond soon.
Cheers to adventures, new beginnings, and running with purpose! 🌱🏃♂️🌵