- Emphasize positive thinking and social support, as a mental well-being can aid in coping with physical challenges.
- Adopt a health-promoting diet, primarily consisting of plant-based and low-fat foods, and limit alcohol and salt intake.
- Ensure regular intake of nutritionally dense, small-sized, protein-rich snacks throughout the day.
- Maintain an adequate balance of protein and calories in your meal plans.
- Aim for a healthy body weight, and confirm with your doctor the safety of moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes on most days.
Experiencing chemotherapy is both emotionally and physically challenging. However, there are measures you can take to ensure the journey is as smooth as possible.
In line with advice from the American Cancer Society, consider the following:
Embrace Positive Thinking and Social Support
Endeavor to cultivate a positive mindset and open communication lines with those around you. Discussing your feelings and coping strategies can lighten the heavy emotional load.
Adopt a Health-Promoting Diet
Prioritize a wholesome diet comprising predominantly of plant-based, low-fat foods. Limit your alcohol intake substantially. It is also best to moderate consumption of high-salt foods, smoked or pickled items.
Practise Snacking Healthy
Regular intake of nutritionally dense, small-size snacks, especially protein-rich options throughout the day, could be beneficial.
Ensure Adequate Protein and Calorie Intake
Ensure your diet supplies sufficient calories and proteins. Regular meals distributed throughout the day will help you achieve this balance.
Strive for a Healthy Body Weight
Maintaining a healthy body weight is advisable. Consult your doctor to understand if it’s safe for you to undertake a minimum of 30 minutes moderate physical activity most days of the week.
Please note that older articles may have content that’s outdated. For the most recent information on this subject, please refer to our latest articles.
If you have any queries, you are welcome to seek our assistance. However, considering privacy concerns, we have removed the contact information.