- Blenders can be utilized beyond making just fruity beverages – one can create savory dressings, spreads, and soups with a blend.
- A spicy black bean dip can be made with cooked black beans, garlic, and salsa, making for a great source of daily fiber that can be enjoyed with celery stalks and bell pepper quarters for the calorie-conscious.
- An easy, nutrient-rich cold avocado soup can be made in just two minutes using green or red grapes, whole avocado, almonds, and vinegar.
- Olive tapenade is a versatile, robust puree that can be used in pasta, as a chicken sauce, or a sandwich spread, or as a topping on a zucchini dish.
- Zucchini bites with tapenade is an easy, delicious dish, made by blending olives, oil, lemon juice and zest, and garlic, then topping zucchini halves with the mix and baking until bubbly and brown.
Forget the notion that blenders are only suitable for fruity beverages. Explore the world of savory recipes that you can create with this versatile kitchen gadget, such as unique dressings, hearty spreads, and nourishing soups – all in just a few seconds.
Spicy Black Bean Dip
For a delicious black bean dip that tastes great either hot or cold, blend a 15-ounce can of cooked black beans (an excellent source of daily fiber), two cloves of peeled garlic, and a cup of your favorite low-sodium salsa. Counting calories? Scoop it up with celery stalks and bell pepper quarters instead of chips.
Cold Avocado Soup
With only two minutes to spare, you can make a calorie-friendly, nutrient-rich cold avocado soup that delivers a unique combination of sweetness, tanginess, and smoothness. Simply whisk half of a cup of either green or red grapes, whole avocado flesh, a handful of almonds, and a splash of sharp vinegar in your blender.
Olive tapenade, a robust puree, offers versatile culinary uses. Incorporate it as a pasta or chicken sauce, spread it on sandwiches or wraps, or use it as an exciting topping for a simple, delicious zucchini dish – ideal for an appetizer or a vegetarian main course.
Zucchini Bites With Tapenade Recipe
- 1 cup olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium zucchini, stems removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup whole-milk mozzarella, shredded
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Blend the olives, oil, lemon juice and zest, and the garlic in a blender until chunky.
Arrange the zucchini halves on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper and generously coat each halve with the tapenade. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until bubbly and brown, this takes about 20 to 25 minutes. Let it cool slightly, cut into 2-inch chunks then serve.
Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course.
Start your day on a healthy note by transforming your traditional blender breakfast into a nutritious green smoothie, courtesy of the USDA.